Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tarts with jam, raisins & almonds

I swear, it wasn't my intention to post another puff pastry recipe... but after Christmas there was a nice puff pastry sale in the small shop down the street and I just couldn't resist!
I bought many packs and now I got to use them!

I has some leftover jam and raisins so I decided to make something a bit more interesting than the usual Christmas Tarts (recipe can be found here).
I remember this recipe was originally in a local food magazine one or two years ago.



I decorated the tarts with little puff pastry shapes. They look very cute like this :)

HINT: Better use a kind of jam suitable for oven baking, so it won't liquefy that easily.

Ingredients (7 tarts):
  • 500 gr (4 sheets) frozen puff pastry
  • about 150 g jam (I used raspberry jam)
  • ½ dl raisins
  • 2 tablespoons of crushed almonds
  • 1 egg

Directions:
Crush the almonds finely and chop the raisins finely as well. Mix all together with the jam.
Take the frozen puff pastry sheets from the freezer, place them on a sheet of oven parchment and let them be at room temperature for about 15 minutes (or follow the package's instructions). Cut each pastry sheet into 2 squares.
Save one square for the decorations! With a small cutter, cut 7 shapes from this square.
With a sharp knife, make cuts along the sides of the squares without cutting the corners too. Make them a bout 1 cm from the outer border. This way the pastry rises all around and leave a nice "hole" in the middle for the jam.
Brush the sides of the pastries with lightly beaten egg. Place a teaspoon of jam in the middle of the tarts and a small shape that we cut previously on top of the jam.
Brush that too with the egg.
Bake at 225º C (437º F) for about 10-15 minutes, until the pastries have gotten a nice color.

 


2 comments:

Dina said...

they look yummy!

Wonderland said...

They were yummy! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...