Thursday, September 26, 2013

Colorful flower eggs

As I am well aware, I am not the only one who LOVES eggs!

Do you know about Moonstruck Eggs? They come from the movie Moonstruck where Cher fries an egg in the center of a slice of bread...
Well, this is my variation of that recipe, because I cook my eggs inside bell pepper rings!


I think that the bell pepper rings aren't only very tasty, but also aesthetically awesome! They look like pretty colorful flowers :)

On the eggs I added only some salt, pepper and chili flakes, but you can sprinkle them also with grated parmesan cheese or herbs, like rosemary.


These eggs are great as breakfast or as a snack. And instead of bell pepper you could use eggplant, acorn squash or even pumpkin.

NOTE: I fry my eggs in a little bit of oil, but you can use butter instead ;)

Ingredients (serves 2):
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 big bell pepper (color of your choice)
  • rapeseed oil or olive oil
  • chili flakes
  • salt & pepper

Directions:
Wash and slice the bell pepper into 1 cm thick rings, removing the inside seeds and white parts.
Warm up the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the rings on both sides so they turn soft and a bit brown, crack open the egg carefully in the center. Fry until the bottom will be crisp, add salt, pepper & spices on top.
You can fry the egg only on one side as I did, or on both carefully flipping it upside down.
Place the eggs on your plate and serve right away with a nice slice of bread!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use the small top to a sauce pot and place it over my egg to cook the top in a steam bath. =0) Thank you for this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...