Friday, August 9, 2013

Cheesy baked salmon fillets

Since we bought so much salmon at the local Market, I thought to share with you a wonderful salmon recipe. Salmon is by far my favorite fish! I love it!

I didn't really eat much salmon when I was in Italy because it was terribly expensive, and when I ate it, it was with pasta (lovely recipe that I will add soon!) or with a curl of butter on the bread at Christmas.

I hoped that in Finland it would be cheaper, as we're closer to Norway, but nope! ;___; It's still quite pricey. But luckily now we can manage to eat salmon almost every week. I usually cook it with pasta (smoked salmon) but in this case the fish goes in the oven! :)



Warning: this recipe isn't very dietetic and light since it contains cheese and cream. But  it's REALLY good!

Ingredients (serves 3):
  • 800 gr fresh salmon fillets
  • 2 dl cooking cream
  • 70 gr tomato paste
  • about 80 gr creamy flavorful cheese
  • 1 onion
  • salt & pepper


Directions:
Grease the oven plate with a little of butter and place the salmon pieces. Slice the onion in thin circles. Put onion and slices of cheese on top of the salmon. Mix the cream and tomato paste together and pour it over the fish. Add salt and pepper up to taste.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 200ÂșC (400 degrees F) for 30-40 minutes. Serve for example with mashed potatoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...